Pet ProgramMore Menuarrow
San Ysidro Ranch remains one of California's oldest and continuous running resorts and longtime premiere luxury destinations for the discriminating traveler. However, it may not be commonly known that one of the main attractions for the San Ysidro Ranch as a lavish hideaway is its historical tradition in welcoming the family pet. Stemming back as far as former owner Alvin Weingand's famed family of dachshunds in the mid 1930s, pets have often been frequent guests at the Ranch.
At a rate of $100 per pet per stay, one's four-legged friends are welcome to enjoy the beauty and natural wonders The San Ysidro Ranch has to offer.
From the moment one arrives on property with their pet, a heartwarming welcome is felt. At the time of registration, one's pet may sign in alongside their owner in the Privileged Pets registration book and receive a welcome bone from the pet-friendly cookie tray on the front counter.
The San Ysidro Ranch VIP (Very Important Pooch) Program offers your pet our renowned 5-star service, just as you would expect for yourself. The SYR VIP Program includes:
- Plush San Ysidro Ranch bedding, food and water bowls.
- A special house made welcome cookie awaits your VIP in his/her cottage.
- An amenity bag that includes house made doggy treats, plastic potty bags, paw wipes, a Bow Wow Beanies toy, and an exclusive SYR bandana.
- An extensive in-cottage gourmet pet menu which includes a vegetarian option as well as healthy doggy snacks for those late night munchies.
- In-room pet massage: booked by the half hour, the treatment helps with blood circulation, aches and pains that Fido may endure after a long day of running, hiking and playing in the gardens. The cost is $75 for 30 minutes.
San Ysidro Ranch offers the following rules for guests and their four-legged family members so that everyone at the resort can have a relaxing and memorable stay:
Pets should always keep their parents on a leash.
Parents should pick up any "deposits" left by their pets.
No swimming or bathing allowed in the pool or bathtubs. According to health codes, pets are not allowed in these areas.
Be kind to the pet next door. Please no barking.
No restaurant dining (per health code).